Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Sip with Socialites fundraiser for the GI Film Festival

As a Queen I like to experience variety in my volunteer endeavors, which is why I gracefully jumped at the opportunity to volunteer at an Officer and an Auction, coordinated by the ladies of Sip with Socialites to raise money for a very noteworthy cause- The GI Film Festival.


Pictured with GI Film Festival Director, Laura Law-Millett 
The event was upscale, chic but not over the top which settled well with the more laid back Queen in me. The atmosphere was fun and somewhat hot as the eligible bachelors took the stage. The last bachelor to be auctioned off & the star of the show-"Argo" actor Scott Elrod- went for a hefty $1,700 price tag. This was no surprise to me nor the sea of women involved in the bidding war; given his charming personality, stage presence and devilish good looks! And what better motivation to donate to a great cause then to get a hottie in return??

It was a great evening of fundraising , socializing and of course working! Besides assigning bid paddles and mingling with DC's up & comers (and very fine military men)...I chatted it up with media reps and Beauty Queens alike. It was only natural, then, to take a break from volunteering to hit red carpet for a quick photo op!



I absolutely enjoyed helping at the event to benefit the GI Film Festival. However, observing the guests have such an awesome time clinging cocktails has me looking forward to just being a guest next time around :).

<3 Amina Lillie 

No comments:

Post a Comment