Friday, October 12, 2012

Glitter Part II...almost!

 
Last night on 10-11-12 (had to throw that in there somewhere), I put my crown aside to volunteer for an excellent cause...the USO Metro Area Stars & Stripes Ball in honor of our wounded veterans! I should mention however that this wasn't your normal registration or ushering or coat checking type of volunteer assignment. I had the opportunity to turn my years long obsession into real-life fun by impersonating the one & only Mariah Carey during the Hollywood themed event. At first, I wasn't too sure how MC and her right hand woman Marilyn Monroe would be received as we greeted guests on the red carpet. But, I am excited to report that we were a hit! It really gave us an opportunity to lighten the mood while in the presence of so many brave soldiers who were wounded in combat. It took a while to warm up & remember to "stay in character," but I had a blast and would play dress up again in an instant. Plus, I realized my naturally airy and slight Diva-ish personality resembles Mimi's, so it wasn't that difficult afterall...WHO KNEW?!?!? Think I could land a permanent gig? Anyways, instead of rambling on about my out of body experience I will let the photos tell the story!


 



 
<3 Amina Lillie

No comments:

Post a Comment