Tuesday, October 30, 2012

NYC Lupus Walk 2012!

Earlier this month, Kaamilah's Krew walked in the Alliance for Lupus Research (ALR) NYC walk for the fourth time! This year we had new tees and all twenty something members of "The Krew" were as excited as ever. I do not want to spend too many words on this experience, because I rather you watch the video.

PREFACE: A great time was had by all, but it is important to remember the reason we were gathered in the first place. Lupus has repeatedly devastated my family over the past fourteen years. Both my sister and Aunt were stricken with the disease. A year ago, my aunt passed away due to lupus-related complications. She is survived by 3 sons (one who is only thirteen years old) and two young granddaughters. Unfortunately, this tragic story is not uncommon. I have taken on the responsibility of spreading awareness of this disease and even worked full-time as a Patient Navigator for a local lupus organization. Please join me in educating others about this terrible disease. If you have questions or think you may have lupus and are not sure where to get help, please visit www.lupusresearch.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment