Monday, October 29, 2012

We Will Survive Cancer Fundraiser!

On Monday, October 22nd, the who's who of the DC area philanthropic scene filed into Lincoln Restaurant. While the artwork by Marat was surely a sight to see, we were all there for a great cause- We Will Survive Cancer!


We Will Survive Cancer (WWSC) is a not for profit organization whose purpose is to provide support to families of cancer victims who lack the time, financial, or other resources to adequately address their needs.
Chatting with Photo journalist Diane Crawford (M) and Gloria D'Molina, Director of Public Relations for WWSC (R)

 
It was an eventful evening as I mingled with the guests. I was in awe to see who came together for the cause. There were executives, artists, and entrepreneurs among others in attendance. I even had the opportunity to chat with pop vocalist, Lilan, who will be performing at an upcoming WWSC event. Of course, the evening was made even more enjoyable by my fellow Queen and Health Advocate!
 

America's Miss DC 2012, Sarah Elizabeth Hillware!

Attending this particular fundraiser had a special meaning for me as both my Mother and paternal-Grandmother are breast cancer survivors. I understand very well the emotional and financial toll cancer can have on families. I encourage all my readers to visit the WWSC website- www.wewillsurvivecancer.org- to learn more about how they can get involved with this wonderful organization!
 

Pictured with guests at Lincoln Restaurant-DC

 
 
 
<3 Amina Lillie

 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment